Mean, Terrible, Awful. Mom.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Mattercard

A mattercard is what LF uses to board the buses and trains. It is your standard Metrocard (its a farecard used on the public transportation here in NYC) without any balance on it. Most times he is happy to just hold mine, but on some days he can be found digging for his mattercard before getting on the bus. On days like this I humor him, and swipe it backwards at the turnstile, telling him it's broken so he still walks under the bar. Other days I let him take mine out of the bus Metrocard reader and carry it in his zippered pocket. When I complain about living here, and talk about leaving, I never take into account how LF will handle the lack of mattercards. No mattercards, no trains, no buses. We'll become a family with a car again, and stuck at home when Skabby is out, because I never found a need for a license... I don't think he would miss it that much, but then again, maybe he will. The first time we moved away he was too young to remember all of the cool ways of getting around, and now I am not sure I want to take him away from it all before he learns to navigate it himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home