Mean, Terrible, Awful. Mom.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

A little bit strange.

Little Fascist is a strange kid. I accepted this point a long time ago, yet he still finds ways to make sure I don't forget it. I know that other kids have strange quirks too, and this is comforting. LF shares similar quirks, and while that should mean it's not that strange, but it really is. What brought all of this along? A few days ago my dearest spawn decided that he was afraid of slides. Surely there are other children who are afraid of playground equipment, even I was afraid of jungle gyms for my entire childhood, but not 6 months ago LF couldn't get enough slide time at the park. He would slide for hours, he even helped littler kids manage the slide on their own. Now, however, every bit of playground equipment sends him into shreiks of terror. He'll play ball with some kids, he'll play on the cement seal, he'll even jump off of the benches. Swing, no. Slide, definitely not. On top of all of this, he contracted my fear of things flying toward him. Every ball goes uncaught as he steps aside or cowers from it, but once it's on the ground he has no problem grabbing it and pitching it at anyone willing to catch it. He may be odd, but so am I.

4 Comments:

  • We've already went 'round and 'round about our kids' weirdness, but thought I'd drop you a comment anyway. LOL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 PM  

  • I'm glad you stopped in, and thanks for introducing me to the world of parent blogging!

    By Blogger Mean One, at 3:51 AM  

  • I'm a mommy myself of a hyper-active monster.Don't we just love them?It's so nice to know that you are one of those Mommies who enjoy time with kids.They grow-up pretty fast. We'll wake one day and they won't let us kiss them on the lips.

    By Blogger Poison Ivy, at 4:13 AM  

  • Thank you, they do grow up quite fast it seems, and I'm glad to see that so many are recording it in a more public fashion. I think it gives everyone an idea of just HOW FAST they do go from a 7lb bundle to a 30 lb monster!

    By Blogger Mean One, at 4:25 AM  

Post a Comment



<< Home