Mean, Terrible, Awful. Mom.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

A little about the Little Fascist....


Little Fascist at the Park of Terror. Posted by Hello

I never thought about making a post with his information, I guess in all the fun I just forgot all about it! Thanks to Ladybird for reminding me! Little Fascist is almost 4 1/2 now, and not in school. He does start school this fall, which scares the pants off of this mean mommy! He's left handed, loves superheroes, and has a "thing" for waitresses. He thoroughly enjoys watching Supernanny, because he likes to watch other kids misbehave. He likes to go shopping, loves shoes, has lived in three states, was born in a hospital in such a crummy neighborhood that his grandfather's van was broken into twice while I was in labor, and is subway savvy.

I also suppose now would be a good time to give you an idea about me, Mean Mommy. I think it's fabulously threatening with uppercase M's. Oh, now don't go closing the window, it's not bad, really! I had LF 10 days after my 18th birthday. His bioguy and I were crazy punk rock teenagers in New York City (though bioguy lived in Texas until he met me) and we weren't going to slow down too much just because we had a baby. We took him out all the time after he was two weeks old, and he had a lot of cool people around him in the beginning. As time went on I became less "PUNK RAWK!!!!!!!!" Bioguy and I parted ways when the powers that be threw Skabby into the mix and I fell for him. Bioguy became bitter, immature, and lazy. We've not seen him in 18 months or so now, and that is just fine with us. I do not abuse LF. I know someone was thinking it, and that's okay. I am mean though, I do terrible things that no mother should do, but I just can't help it really. If LF is throwing a fit at the park I turn and tell him that he can stay there, and I'll be going home. It's mean, but it works. If we weren't all cuddly and affectionate all the time I might be worried that I was damaging the poor kid. I don't go home without him. This may not be the kindest form of discipline, but it works for us. I also apologize any time I feel I went over the line with him. Sometimes a joke goes too far, and that is in order. No parent is perfect. I also call myself a Mean Mommy because I am not afraid to say "no." With so many kids running amok these days I think "no" is a necessary evil. It's healthier for him to go without sometimes. Without toys, or candy, or other frivolous items. He is not denied food, or love, or necessities. Really, I am just trying my best at this thing we do when we have children. Rest assured that my child shared in my quirky sense of humor, and is not being scarred by my hiding from him while he is in the restroom. We're having fun, and he is as well adjusted as any person from my lineage can be. So please, relax. Being mean isn't as bad as you thought it was. Now, please enjoy the rest of your visit, and do come again, we really like having you around!

2 Comments:

  • Signa loves the Nanny shows, too. "Kids are bad, Momma! Wook at bad kids. NO NO NO KID! (shaking finger at tv)" Nice. I think your version of mean is all relative. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:19 PM  

  • Way to go!!! I was given the mean mum tag eons ago & i still wear it proudly. I think more ppl should be saying no to their kids. You are doing a fabulous job & don't let anyone tell you different!! You are raising someone you can be proud of. Cheers

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:04 AM  

Post a Comment



<< Home