Mean, Terrible, Awful. Mom.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Red, Orange, colorized impact

We've been working to limit or exclude Red #40 from LF's diet. (You know what, from here on out let's call him Darth Boy, that is so much more like him these days.) As I was saying, Darth Boy is quite active. I find that too much one on one time with him is exhausting, as he is a chatterbox in the extreme, and always bouncing around. I enjoy that my darling little Padawan is not lethargic or sedentary, but OOOOOH BOY, I just can't always handle it.

We noticed as summer vacation was underway, that he seemed especially rambunctious. Like, crawling the walls rambunctious. Mr. Sasspants (I think that works as a name for the boyfriend. Shush, I like it!) fingered the Kool-Aid right off the bat. We've been a little more health conscious than I have ever really been before, and was willing to see if we could pin it down as the culprit. Tazo make this herbal blend called Passion, that I like iced, and Darth Boy likes in just about any form he can get it. I bought extra stores of it and a large gallon pitcher, to start keeping it around in greater quantity especially since I am the sole maker of the beverages for our house.

It's been a week, and we are living with a different child. He is no longer getting out of his chair as much during dinner (which irked me like you could only imagine.) His attention span seems improved, and we couldn't be more relieved. It's going to take a lot more effort from me, now that I can't just tell him to make himself a pitcher of something to drink when he's thirsty and eyeing the good stuff. I think I can handle it, for the sake of my own mental well being, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home